Third Circuit Chief Judge D. Brooks Smith will present next Thursday, April 25, at a CLE program on the state of the Third Circuit. The program is co-hosted by the Federal Court and Appellate Court committees of the Philadelphia Bar Association. From the event announcement:
Chief Judge D. Brooks Smith will address the state of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. The Chief Judge will discuss challenges faced by the Third Circuit including:
- An increase in oral arguments
- Innovations in the Third Circuit – video posting of arguments, etc.
- Vacancies and the new judges
- The lingering effects of the government shutdown
- Expectations of the court for practitioners
Chief Judge Smith will also provide an update on newly-issued conduct rules promulgated in the wake of the Kozinski “scandal” of 2018.
This looks like an outstanding event. I’m registered for it, and I hope to see lots of my fellow Third Circuit enthusiasts there. Details and registration at this link.
My thanks to Howard Bashman for letting me know about it.