The April 2019 issue of the Third Circuit Bar Association newsletter On Appeal is out, and available online at this link. The new issue features a welcome-to-the-court profile of new Judge David Porter and a warm tribute to recently retired Judge Thomas Vanaskie by one of his former law clerks.
Also in this issue:
- an insightful summary of US ex rel. Doe v. Heart Solution,
- advice (from me) for first oral arguments,
- new 3CBA leader Andrew Simpson’s first President’s Note,
- an acknowledgment of the tragic death of the son of Circuit Executive Margaret Wiegand, noting that donations may be made in his honor to the Wingman Foundation at this link, and, finally,
- a note that the next Third Circuit Bench-Bar Conference will be in Philadelphia next spring.